Location: Nashville, Tennessee
We’re looking for an amazing Account Executive to join FINN Partners corporate and consumer practice group in Nashville. This is an opportunity to join not only the largest communications agency in Tennessee but the southeastern hub for FINN Partners— one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated public relations and marketing firms in the world and was recently named 2023 Best Agency to Work For. We offer a unique opportunity: the chance to contribute your passion, energy and talents with a roster of incredible clients and major brands in an entrepreneurial environment while collaborating, learning and growing your career with an amazing local and global team of nearly 14,000+ colleagues in 33 offices around the world.
Specific Job Functions Related to Job Responsibilities:
- Help deliver high-quality programs that meet and exceed client goals.
- Organize and, many times, lead account management activities: calls, follow-up reports, media monitoring
- Build an understanding and knowledge of client business and their competitive business environments, monitor and proactively flag trends and articles relevant to client business
- Research key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Work with team members to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner
- Develop client content including internal and external documents, such as: media pitches, news releases, social media content, talking points, fact sheets, bios, agendas, basic newsletter and website content, creative briefs.
- Create and maintain media lists; field and manage routine media inquiries.
- Pitch media across all communications channels and in multiple markets – local and national.
- Monitor all media relevant to your clients; understand its relevance and share with team and clients as instructed by account lead.
- Develop proficiency on social channels and support execution of social campaigns.
- Develop proficiency in basic management of marketing projects.
- Support event execution and logistics.
- Help with coordination of materials related to major communications and marketing campaigns.
- When office leadership determines you are ready, begin to build preliminary proficiency as an account lead by managing activity and budgets on smaller accounts, with the support of a partner.
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3+ years of full-time prior PR agency work experience. (Please note the 1-3 years does not include time you may have spent as a PR Intern while at university.)
- Media relations / earned media experience
- Experience supporting social media strategies and campaigns—basic design skills a plus
- Ability to collaborate with team to execute successful media relations programs
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Solid grasp of basic media monitoring tools (Cision, Vocus, etc.)
- Understanding of the public relations industry and its basic principle
#LI-DS1 Nashville, TN